Five games of francophone teams were screened in Antoine-Gaborieau Hall from June 15 to 25.
It was great to see people of different age, different nationality and background coming to the CCFM to see/support their team – some of them even took part in Envol 91 FM radio shows!
This is what makes soccer magic. Thanks to all for coming!
This week at the CCFM : soccer games, music, history, and various shows for the whole family.
TUESDAY JUNE 19
Credit: Gabrielle Wsiaki
For your weekly jazz night, we welcome the Université de Saint-Boniface’s big bang this Tuesday – the USB Band!
WEDNESDAY JUNE 20
– FIFA World Cup at the CCFM: Join us for breakfast at 7 am to see Morroco vs. Portugal, in Antoine-Gaborieau hall.
THURSDAY JUNE 21
– Free screening of a 40-min documentary, “A the heart of francophone’s community” at 7 pm and 9 pm in Antoine-Gaborieau Hall.
– Finally, the hometown CD release party of Justin Lacroix – at 7 pm at Stella’s!
FRIDAY JUNE 22
– Join us for francophone celebration day La Saint-Jean-Baptiste at Whittier Park, from 10 am to 2 pm. Shows, activities and games for the whole family.
– And stay at Whittier Park because at 5 pm starts Tout pour la musique, featuring some of the best french canadian music!
We’re happy to announce that we’ll be screening five games from the first round of Fifa World Cup this year, with our partners Théâtre Cercle Molière and Envol 91 FM.
We’ll be following three francophone teams: Morroco, France and Senegal!
Here are the games we’ll show in Antoine-Gaborieau hall (doors will open 30 minutes before the game starts – and it’s free!)
June 15 / 10 am / Morocco vs Iran
June 20 / 7 am / Portugal vs Morocco
June 21 / 10 am / France vs Peru
June 24 / 11 am / Japan vs Senegal
June 25 / 1 pm / Spain vs Morroco
We’ll have coffee, and a special snack on June 15 to celebrate Eid al-Fitr (the event that marks the end of Ramadan for Muslims).
Plus, before, during and after the game, radio station Envol 91 FM will be live on air with a team of soccer experts to talk (in French only) about it.
Come and join us!